Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Who, Why and Whatnot of Snail-A-Thon 2009.



I thought I should post up something here, explaining maybe just a bit more what I am doing. It comes down to one easy statement. Charity is contagious, and I mean that in a good way. I have been watching people do things for charity, to raise awareness, to raise some green and to help in the fight. It's a band wagon everyone should find a way to jump on. Especially if you have a big heart, and those of you that know me, know I have a big heart.

For those of you that don't know me. (I have a big heart) One of the things I do, is doodle. A lot. And snails have become my specialty, and have gained a strange and wonderful following on Friend Feed.



So this is what I am doing. Starting on Saturday (not sure the time just yet) I am going to post one snail doodle an hour. For 24 hours! It's been a long time since this old lady has pulled an all nighter. So this should be fun. I have gotten a lot of great ideas for snails from my friends. Hopefully I can get to them all.

The money I raise is going to be donated to Blame Drews Cancer.

Do you want in on this? Click on the Pledgie button on the right to sponsor me. *ANY* amount helps. Even if it's a buck. If you can't donate, I could use a cheerleading squad. Words of encouragement are welcome. I plan on having a chat room set up in case people want to keep me company.

Let's kick cancer's shell!

(I did not by the way draw the snail up top. That is just a cute clipart snail that fit perfectly. But dancey snail is all mine.)

1 comment: